Selasa, 02 Maret 2010

Then, go to the next step…

7th and 8th meeting were interesting meeting for me. I could get some inputs from my friends who were doing their class teaching.

Yes, the next step is class teaching after struggled in group teaching.
It makes my heart beating so fast and also challenges me.
Many questions come into my mind; can I do the class teaching better than the previous teacher can, or will I do the same mistakes as the previous teaching practice, etc.

I know it’s hard to use English every time in front of the class because I know that my students (friends) have a high sense of humour, especially in Javanese. Sometimes it’s not funny if we commented their jokes in English.
I don’t know, maybe it doesn’t right.

As a teacher we have to use all of the media as maximum as possible because how little it is, it can help them on the process of teaching and learning. On the other hand, it can also help our students to absorb our explanation by writing it on the black/whiteboard for example.

The other thing we have to give attention to all of the students, not only the smartest student or the laziest or maybe the naughtiest student in the class. Because if we just only focus on some students, the other students will feel that their teacher have denied them. It can make them feel bored. It’s not easy, right!
It needs some effort and blood.


To get the students’ attention is not easy too.
Maybe we need to make some activities, which can build their spirit to study.
But it also depend on the situation and the students itself.

The other thing that we must give attention on it is interaction between students and teacher. It’s time to switch the focus of class.
Teacher focus is old-fashioned.
Students focus is fresh and better. Students need to explore their self because who want to study at school are them (even thought teacher is still also need to learn a lot, but students must have much more portion than teacher must).

1 komentar:

  1. Yes, this is the reflection that I like to read. You showed me and the other readers that you have learned a lot this week, congratulations :)

    Yes, indeed, I agree with all your statements above. We need to make sure that our learning activities are suitable for our 30 to 40 students who have 30 to 40 different personalities, different learning styles, different interests and level of knowledge. We should be able to pay attention to all of them. That's why, learner-centered is a must. Learner-centered does not necessarily mean that the teacher is inactive, but the teacher is indeed very active, in terms of helping and facilitating the students to learn. That is our main call (Panggilan :)) OK? Good luck :)

    BalasHapus